The press release published on January 19, 2016 “Distributed Ledger Technology: Beyond Block Chain” written by the Government office for Science at Gov.UK offers insights to UK advisement of the future of distributed ledger technology.
This press release primarily focuses on what’s found in this report https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/distributed-ledger-technology-blackett-review
That report details how this technology could transform the implementation of public services and boost their respective productivity.
There is also a cute little informative video explain “chain technology”. I have linked that here.
This report sets out the findings of a review exploring how distributed ledger technology can revolutionize services, both in government and the private sector.
These findings consist of:
o disruptive potential
o governance and regulation
o security and privacy
o global perspectives
o applications in government
- The video was informative and contained helpful graphics to understand blockchain technology.
- The report covers 8 detailed actions for the government to maximize the upside and minimize the downside of blockchain technologies.
- All of it sounds very positive and it offers great insights to the future relationship between government and blockchain technology.
- Great discussion regarding distributed ledger technology and its potential opportunities and risks.
- The page essentially just reviews the report on the other page, which is a bit confusing and doesn’t make much sense considering they are on the same website.
- All of this is a bit outdated in the world of crypto.