TaiFu Indexes were created by veteran cryptocurrency investors who have had a lot of experience in the market prior to creating the indices. They recognised the importance of creating accurate measuring tools for the crypto market. TaiFu Indexes provides three different indices that reflect how the crypto markets are moving.
The website is very user-friendly and contains the following indices:
● The TaiFu 30 Cryptocurrency Market Index
○ This shows a market capitalisation weighted index of the largest 30 cryptocurrencies. Every 24 hours, a new top 30 is selected to calculate the index.
● The TaiFu 30 Altcoin Market Index
○ This measures the market capitalisation of the 30 largest altcoins minus Bitcoin or any hard forks of Bitcoin. Every 24 hours, a new top 30 is selected to calculate the index
● TaiFu Bitcoin Aggregate Index
○ This shows the total market capitalisation of Bitcoin and all hard-forked versions of bitcoin that share the same Bitcoin genesis block. This is updated every 24 hours.
The website is very transparent and shows, in tables, which coins were selected that day for the given index. It also displays all indices in an easy to read the chart.
- A good range of indices for users to choose from to track the cryptocurrency markets.
- Indices are reviewed and updated every 24 hours.
- They don’t provide a methodology on how they weight each coin on their index.
- Currently a lot of competition in this space with a lot of websites creating indices with different methodologies.