Wirex has a wallet that supports over 50 cryptocurrencies which is a wider variety than a lot of competitor wallets. Wirex was founded in 2014 and have over 1.5 million customers. Users give up control of their private keys to Wirex. However, personal data is 128-bit encrypted. The wallet enables exchange between fiat currency and cryptocurrency also. The fiat currencies supported include EUR, USD, and GBP.
In terms of features, the Wirex wallet has multi-signature optionality. Users can also enable two-factor authentication to add an extra layer of security to their accounts. The Wirex wallet is not hierarchical deterministic. It is also not open source which means users its level of security cannot be assessed. One of the key features of Wirex is it enables users to exchange between cryptocurrencies within the wallet. This saves users having to withdraw to exchanges, make the exchanges, and deposit back to the wallet.
Wirex wallets are available on your web browser, Android, and iOS. In terms of fees, wallet functions are mostly free and users pay the normal mining fees for transactions. Wirex has a linked prepaid card business which they charge fees on.
- Supports over 50 cryptocurrencies
- Facilitates the exchange of supported cryptocurrencies
- Users can also exchange between cryptocurrencies and EUR, GBP, and USD
- Multi-signature option
- Users can enable two-factor authentication for an extra layer of security
- Wallets are available on web browsers, Android, and iOS
- Data is 128-bit encrypted
- Users give up control of their private key
- Not hierarchical deterministic
- Not open source