Waves Google Chrome extension allows users to access their blockchain funds quickly and easily with the implementation of the public Waves nodes. Instead of painfully having to download the entire blockchain to access its data, using a Wave node lets you skip that process.
How it works:
• When broadcasting a new transaction to the blockchain, you must first have all prior blockchain data downloaded. This can be a hassle because the files are incredibly large, requiring hours of downloading time thus restricting your available bandwidth during this time. By using a Public Waves node, you will immediately be able to access all of the blockchains data and broadcast your transaction without the need of downloading the entire blockchain itself.
• When you register your Wave wallet software you will be given a “seed” which is essentially the most important piece of security for your wallet. This seed is AES encrypted with a password that you set yourself.
- Saves time and bandwidth by allowing immediate access to the blockchain without the need of downloading the entirety of its data.
- Using WavesLite is very secure due to the fact that your seed is only used client side and is never revealed to the platform itself.
- The team behind the Waves project are transparent and highly educated.
- Very easy to use for people new to this technology.
- No cons yet. I have personally been using Waves and I really enjoy it!