KeepKey is a simplified cryptocurrency hardware wallet. By using this hardware wallet, your cryptocurrencies will be stored offline which is often known as cold storage.
Using cold storage is widely accepted to be one of the most secure ways of storing cryptocurrencies. KeepKey offers storage for Bitcoin, Bitcoin cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Dash and several erc-20 tokens.
It works in tandem with its wallet software by managing private key generation, private key storage, and transaction signing.
With the Chrome extension, you can implement your cold storage hardware wallet into your web browser. This is especially useful for signing transactions and moving your funds across the web to and from your hardware wallet.
This software uses Shapeshift to exchange cryptocurrency assets. Shapeshift is a very popular cryptocurrency exchange, but some people claim its slow, has bad spreads, has high fees, etc.
- The chrome extension really brings to life the hardware wallet. Without it, transferring cryptocurrency assets would be a bit more difficult.
- The extension makes using the hardware wallet much simpler for people that are new to this technology.
- The hardware wallet offers unmatched security versus online wallets and other wallet type extensions. This extension, pared with the hardware wallet, increases security levels far above other wallet-based extension services like Jaxx.
- This company is widely known to have lackluster customer support and could be a little difficult to use for new comers.
- There are more popular competitors that seems to have a bit higher quality, such as Trezor.
- The Google Chrome description of the extension only includes update news and doesn’t actually describe or inform users on how to use this software.