Spectrocoin offers a number of solutions in cryptocurrency including an exchange, a wallet, a card, and payment processing. The wallet is available in web browsers, Android, and iOS. There are over 30 cryptocurrencies supported in the wallet. The wallet also supports fiat currencies including EUR, GBP, USD, and RUB. The wallet also facilitates in-wallet exchange of cryptocurrencies and fiat currencies. In the event that there is a lack of liquidity in their own exchange, Spectrocoin can access other exchanges to get better pricing. The private keys of the user are stored by Spectrocoin but the details are encrypted. The wallet allows users to manage both their cryptocurrency and fiat accounts. The wallet is not hierarchical deterministic. There is also no multi-signature functionality.
Spectrocoin notes that they put around 99% of the cryptocurrency coins into cold storage which is a strong level of security. This has not been verified or audited. There have been mixed reviews from the online cryptocurrency community with some having a seamless experience and others having serious trouble with their accounts and labelling Spectrocoin a scam. There has been no public announcement by the company addressing users calling it a scam.
- Both fiat currencies and cryptocurrencies supported
- In-wallet exchange of cryptocurrencies and fiat currencies
- Large number of supported fiat currencies and cryptocurrencies
- Private key is encrypted
- Funds stored in cold storage
- Can access other exchanges to get good pricing
- Not hierarchical deterministic
- Called a scam by some in the cryptocurrency community