CoinPayments is a mobile wallet which supports a wide variety of cryptocurrencies. The wallet is available on both iOS and Android. Users private keys are stored by CoinPayments but the key is encrypted. There are currently over 910 altcoins supported which is a much wider variety than most wallets. The wallet value can be calculated in 27 different fiat currencies. Users can convert between supported coins.
The wallet is not hierarchical deterministic. It does have multi-signature functionality. Users can also enable two-factor authentication for an extra layer of security.
There is also a checkout system which merchants can use to facilitate point of sale transactions. The fee for transactions in the checkout system is 0.5% on incoming transactions. Using the CoinPayments API is the same with 0.5% charged on incoming transactions. CoinPayments is tailored more for merchant customers. Overall, everyday users could find a more secure wallet on the market where they have control over their own private keys.
- Supports a wide variety of cryptocurrencies
- Available on both iOS and Android
- The wallet can be calculated in 27 different fiat currencies
- No fees except for merchant use
- In-wallet conversion of supported cryptocurrencies
- Not hierarchical deterministic
- No multi-signature functionality
- Users do not have control of their private keys