GateHub provides wallet services for a number of cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, XRP, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, and Augur. Users can store and exchange these cryptocurrencies in the GateHub exchange. Cryptocurrencies can also be exchanged for fiat currencies with EUR and USD currently supported. Users also have the option to diversify and trade between cryptocurrencies and gold and silver. Users of the wallet give up control of their private key to GateHub. Users apply a password to their account and all private keys and passwords are encrypted by Gatehub. Founded in 2014 and launching in February 2015, GateHub is relatively new to the cryptocurrency industry.
Wallets are not hierarchical deterministic and do not have multi-signature functionality. The code is open-source. Users can enable two-factor authentication to add an extra layer of security to their accounts. For XRP payments, users can make payments by searching the recipient's name, email address, or XRP address.
GateHub is supported on browsers but not on Android or iOS. GateHub has been noted to be easy to use.
- Users can exchange between cryptocurrencies and fiat within the wallet
- Supports EUR and USD
- Users can also trade between cryptocurrencies and precious metals
- Private keys and passwords are encrypted
- Users can enable two-factor authentication for an extra layer of security
- XRP payments can be made by searching the recipient's name or email address as well as XRP address
- Not hierarchical deterministic
- No multi-signature functionality
- Not supported on Android or iOS
- Users give up control of their private keys
- Only a number of cryptocurrencies supported