Ethereum wallet is the number one most used wallet for Ethereum in the Google Play store. The wallet is also available for iOS. It has over 80,000 users per month. The wallet is built by Freewallet and allows users to send, receive, and store Ethereum. The wallet is available in multiple languages. Users lose control of their private key as it is stored by Freewallet which means users lose some control over their funds. However, user data and private key are encrypted. The wallet has a built-in exchange that supports over ten cryptocurrencies. Users can also send their ETH to supported altcoin addresses. The wallet can be topped up with other cryptocurrencies also and Ether is received. The balance can be denoted in fiat currencies as well as Ether.
The majority of funds are stored offline in cold storage. The wallet is hierarchical deterministic and has multi-signature functionality. Users can also enable two-factor authentication on their account for an extra layer of security.
The wallet has 24/7 support from the team and has good reviews online from the cryptocurrency community. Overall, the wallet has many strong features with the private key being outsourced to Freewallet being one of the key drawbacks.
- Most popular Ethereum wallet in the Google Play store.
- Built-in exchange
- Users can receive from supported altcoins and can also send to supported altcoins
- 24/7 support
- Hierarchical deterministic
- Multi-signature functionality
- Users can enable two-factor authentication
- Funds are stored in cold storage
- Users lose control of their private keys
- No support for fiat currency