UberPay is a hierarchical deterministic mobile wallet which is available on both Android and iOS. Users of the wallet control their own private keys. The private keys are stored on the user's device. Users are provided with a recover seed in the case that they lose their device or it is stolen. UberPay has a strong emphasis on privacy and for this reason does not request and verification documents. This will be an advantage to users who wish to remain anonymous. UberPay also facilitates the in-wallet conversion of cryptocurrencies. The wallet has a wide support for cryptocurrencies including most of the large-cap and popular cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Dogecoin, and Litecoin. There is no support for Ethereum.
The code for UberPay is not open-source. There is no multi-signature functionality. Users also do not have the option to enable two-factor authentication. To improve the privacy features, UberPay also hide the users IP address when they make transactions.
UberPay has been noted to be easy to use and also gets good reviews from users. The node type is simplified payment verification (SPV).
- Users are in control of their own private keys
- Hierarchical deterministic wallet
- No verification required
- The IP address is hidden when making transactions
- Support for a wide variety of cryptocurrencies
- In-wallet conversion of cryptocurrencies
- No multi-signature functionality
- No support for Ethereum
- No two-factor authentication option