Cryptonator is a web-based wallet which enables you to store and exchange a wide variety of cryptocurrencies. Your private keys are stored by Cryptonator meaning you will be giving up control of them. Cryptonator has over 1 million active accounts and supports over 20 cryptocurrencies. The wallet can also hold a number of fiat currencies which is a feature that is unusual among web wallets. It is supported on web browsers, IoS, and Android. The wallet lacks some features that competitors have such as multi-sig technology and hierarchical deterministic implementation. The exchange between cryptocurrencies is one strong feature Cryptonator has. This makes it easier for users to switch between cryptocurrencies and saves them the need of going to an exchange and completing multiple transactions in and out of their wallet.
Users have the ability to enable two-factor authentication on their accounts to add an extra layer of security. Security is promoted as one of the key important features for Cryptonator with bank-grade security claimed. An encrypted SSL connection over HTTPS is used also.
The wallet is mostly free to use but there will be some small fees for sending transactions.
- A wide variety of cryptocurrencies supported
- The wallet can hold fiat currencies
- The wallet facilitates exchange between cryptocurrencies
- Security is a strong focus
- Small fees
- Users can enable two-factor authentication
- Encrypted SSL connection over HTTPS
- Lacks some features that other wallets have such as multi-sig and hierarchical deterministic technology
- Private keys are stored by Cryptonator