Unlike most crypto and blockchain safety sites, Glacier uses a stepwise protocol to ensure the safety of Bitcoin in an offline wallet. There are different kinds of wallet available in which Bitcoin can be stored but Glacier makes use of a hardware wallet because storage is offline.
An offline storage is safe and secure because digital asset owners do not face the risk of theft or privacy breach. The reason for this is because there is always a network connection to perform illegitimate activities and the wallet does not require a network connection; hence, wallet becomes impossible to hack or steal from. Glacier makes use of this same mechanism to store Bitcoin in wallet.
On Glacier, there are many things explained about online storage of funds which is a problem and an edge of Glacier over other platforms using Online storage. Online storage of funds is susceptible to;
1. ID Spoofing.
2. Network Exposure
3. Consistent attacks
4. Transparency problems (Internal Theft)
5. Intentional Seizure.
All these problems forced Glacier to make use of an Offline Storage.
Features of Glacier
1. Topnotch Security: Glacier is safe because all Bitcoins are secured with several keys while being stored offline. Without these keys, users may be vulnerable to virtual attacks. Accessibility to Bitcoins is possible even if you lose one key.
2. Self-dependent: Glacier doesn’t require a Third-party application in order to perform its operations. It is self-dependent and provides different ways to store your Bitcoins.
3. Open-sourced: Anyone can view and use Glacier; it is so accessible and it marks out vulnerabilities.
- Safe and Secure.
- Easy to use.
- It doesn’t make use of a Third-party app.
- No easy navigation of the site.