First and foremost, users must understand that Binance Alerts is not software distributed by Binance, but more so an open source third party software using the API Binance provides.
Binance Alerts is an unofficial extension created by Ganesh Kamath that’s sole purpose is to create a seamless integration within your Google Chrome web browser showing price data, updated every 10 seconds. It’s incredibly easy to set up and is primary useful for those with specific coins they wish to remain updated with.
The extension allows the user to create alerts for specific price points on certain cryptocurrency assets, allowing you to browse the rest of the web without having to keep Binance open the entire time.
API - https://api.binance.com//api/v1/ticker/allPrices
Code for the extension is available here: https://github.com/ganeshkamathp/Binance-Alerts-Extension
Although there are many other exchanges who’s assets effect the average price of an asset globally, Binance is one of the most widely known and accepted exchanges and boasts massive amounts of trading volume. Setting alerts via this extension will ensure you are up to date on very close estimates to average prices.
- Its extremely conveniently to download and implement the extension.
- Easy to use for new comers and those not experienced with crypto related technology.
- The alerts work great and help to set aside the resource demanding Binance website.
- Binance is one of the most popular and widely accepted exchanges. This means prices on this exchange hold a heavy weight in the average pricing for assets globally.
- This is not an official Binance app so appropriate caution must be taken. So far, though, I have not experienced any negative characteristics of this extension and the information is updated via Binances API.