Accointing.com Website Review
- Accointing.com is essentially a tool that will let you manage your cryptocurrency taxes as well as your overall portfolio easily.
- Crypto professionals, as well as any enthusiast that wants to enter the cryptocurrency space with ease, can take advantage of this website and overall tool as a means of managing their needs in terms of crypto with ease.
- com provides a solid dashboard, as well as specific features which are available on desktop devices as well as mobile devices that will enable anyone to track their performance as well as transactions in real-time with a solid user experience.
- The platform is also a cryptocurrency portfolio tracking dashboard, and what this essentially means is that users can import all of their transactions automatically through a wallet address, an API connection, or through manual input, where they can review and analyze their historical performance gains as well as losses.
If you are the type of person that stresses out easily when it comes to the management of your cryptocurrency portfolio as well as your taxes regarding that specific cryptocurrency portfolio, this might be due to the time-consuming and sophisticated process regarding the crypto tax rules as well as regulations.
This has led many people to a bit of anxiety when it comes to figuring out where to start with all of this. Well, Accointing.com is a website that was specifically designed to provide users with tools that will enable them to achieve this specific goal.
Today, we are going to go over the Accointing.com website, so you can essentially learn everything there is to know about what the website offers, how it works, and what it can provide for you. Let’s dive in.
From the very moment you arrive at the Accointing.com website for the very first time, you are greeted by a slim, simple, and to-the-point web design where nothing is too overwhelming for you.
We will be going over from the top to the bottom of the page, going from left to right. On the top left side of the screen, you are essentially greeted by the Accointing.com logo. Right next to it are pages that have sub-pages.
First, there's the Features tab. Here, you can access the crypto tax calculator and the crypto tracker.
The automatic tax calculator will essentially enable you to automatically classify and calculate your crypto taxes, while the crypto tracker will provide you with tracking and insight tools on desktop or mobile devices.
Second, there is the exchanges tab, where you can either view all wallets and exchanges, which gives you a full-length list of all of the supported wallets and exchanges, alongside instructions, or just select one from the top 7. The top 7 listed here include Binance, Bittrex, Coinbase, FTX, Bitfinex, Bybit, and eToro.
Then you have the “Log in” and “Sign Up” buttons, as well as access to 7 languages that you can pick from.
When you click on the "Sign Up" button, you will need to enter your email address and password and then repeat your password. Additionally, you can connect with Google or Sign Up with Apple.
With that out of the way, we can now move on to the main way through which the website looks and feels. There is a white, simple background, and you are mostly showcased text and some images and icons here and there, nothing too overwhelming.
First, you are given the phrase of the service, where you get an instant showcase that you can track your portfolio and file your crypto taxes by yourself, with TurboTax, or with their crypto tax advisors. This is followed by a "Sign up for free" icon, alongside a link for you to view their reviews on Trustpilot.
Then, you have a “featured in” tab, where you can view the numerous websites where Accointing.com has been featured thus far.
This is followed by another tab, where you can learn how Accointing.com will essentially enable users to track and file their Bitcoin (BTC) as well as other cryptocurrency portfolios.
This is split across four categories, including:
- Instantly import all your transactions - here, the website tells you how the service has implemented over 300 integrations and that you can access them either through the usage of a mobile application or through the usage of a desktop device. You can also use them to import all of your crypto transactions and automatically will be able to calculate your gains as well as your losses.
- Review your crypto portfolio and get valuable insights - This will enable you to access the dashboard and crypto tracker as a means of essentially analyzing the performance, so you can deep dive into the transactions in real-time through a streamlined user experience.
- Easily file all your crypto taxes - you will essentially be able to get your crypto tax report through just five clicks, which is available in FIFO, LIFO, and HIFO, based on the generally accepted crypto tax principles on a global scale.
- Explore the crypto market and influence the crypto space - Here, you will essentially be given the opportunity to review the performance of the overall crypto market. What this means is that you can set up alerts, research any trending tokens and even share them through a personalized and curated tokens list through the social media platform Twitter.
Then, there is another Trustpilot section where you can read what their customers have to say about the service, as well as an overall star rating from 1 to 5.
On the bottom of the page, specifically, the footer, you also have numerous categories.
- The accounting category includes Blog, Careers, About Us, Help, and Community.
- The explore tab includes Integrations, Crypto Tracker, Crypto Tax Calculator, Accountants, and Pricing.
- The resources tab includes Crypto 101 Guide, Crypto Tax Guide, Privacy Notice, Imprint, and Terms.
Then there is a Google Play and App Store link for you to download the application, as well as links to the numerous social media channels, including Twitter, Discord, YouTube, Reddit, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
That is everything that you are essentially able to see on the front page of the Accointing.com website. We will now be moving over to the historical aspect of the company.
History of Accointing.com
Accointing.com was originally founded in 2018 and has a large team surrounding it.
There are a total of five co-founders behind Accointing.com, and these include:
- Dennis Wohlfarth
- Alex Lindenmeyer
- Andy Pavia
- Yann Allemann
- Kyle Zhang
With its history and team out of the way, let us dive into what it actually offers in terms of functionality.
There are numerous tools that Accointing.com has on offer which have allowed the platform to stand out in terms of its offering. We are going to go over some of the main functionalities surrounding the platform.
Portfolio Management Tool
The Portfolio Management Tool tool is the main tool that you will be using when it comes to taking advantage of the overall utility surrounding Accointing.com. Specifically, you will be able to obtain the performance of your crypto assets for a specific time frame. You can analyze open positions, where you can essentially determine your next trading strategy, say by viewing the 24-hour percentage change, for example. You can also gain access to the asset allocation chart, where you can decide on which cryptocurrencies you would like to purchase next. This allows you to keep track of everything you are doing in terms of your trading activities.
Holding Period Tool
The Holding Period Tool will enable you to essentially account for your tax strategies. This includes tax-loss harvesting.
This can be completed through the utilization of a dashboard on offer at the service known as Holding period Assistant.
What happens here is that the tax-loss harvesting strategy can be utilized, which is made up of incurring losses on the crypto assets that a specific person has, with the purpose of reducing the overall capital and gains and, consequently, the tax liability.
What this means is that you can head over to the Holding Period and tax-loss harvest.
The Crypto Tax Feature
The Crypto Tax Feature is one of the main features that has made the platform a point of appeal in the eyes and minds of many cryptocurrency investors. In other words, Accointing's tax review feature performs every step when it comes to calculating all of the crypto taxes through automatic means. In other words, all a user has to do is click and generate as many tax reports as they require.
Most of the crypt tax tools which are available will typically feature relevant tax documents, guided report creation, and so on. The level of flexibility that is on offer at Accointing.com can be specifically helpful as users become experienced.
This will encourage them to be proactive since the best tax strategy will typically come from their classification method, and after data has been imported, they can edit and even market it as an airdrop, hard fork, or even gift or payment.
Transaction Management Features
There are even Transaction Management Features, where users can essentially manage all of their cryptocurrency transactions by navigating to a section of the application known as the Full Data Set.
Here, they will be showcased a full, comprehensive overview of all of the transactions for every cryptocurrency, exchange, and even wallet that they have used.
The transaction type, date, wallet, amount, and classification will be displayed, and users can view the transaction fees, if they have any, as well as the transaction hashes for each of the activities.
Most importantly, all of this will be imported automatically to Accointing.com once a user synchronizes their services, wallets, and exchanges. There is even an additional level of functionality and utility, where users can manually add new transactions, delete activities and even create duplicates.
Pros and Cons of Accointing.com
- The platform has the fastest import process in the broader market when compared to its competition, and there is a guided process available for each exchange that a person wants to add.
- There is a personalized dashboard that even includes simple and insightful graphics as a means of allowing the users to get the real value of their data.
- The Full Data Set function can come in extremely handy when it comes to compiling all of the transactions and classifications within one exportable file, and there is real-time market data available.
- Comprehensive and easy-to-follow tax reports are available, and guided tax strategies are available through the Holding Period Assistance.
- The website design is simple and stale, which means that it lacks many modern material design elements found within competing platforms.
- Some users might be initially overwhelmed by the number of features available on the platform, which means that there is a solid learning curve associated with using it.
The Bottom Line
Accointing.com features a well-designed website, which might even be too simple. In other words, you are initially showcased the barebone data, which some users might enjoy, while others might be left wondering what else is on offer. The service itself is high quality, and it has features that can come in extremely useful when it comes to personal accounting.
Overall, this is an interesting service that should pique the interest of any cryptocurrency investor that utilizes multiple exchanges as well as wallets to conduct their trades, as it will streamline the process greatly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does accointing.com feature mobile applications?
Accointing.com features native mobile applications for both iOS devices on the App Store as well as for Android devices on the Google Play Store.
Does Accointing.com sell user data?
Accointing.com does not sell user data and does not have any intentions of doing so.
Is Accointing.com Free?
Accointing.com does offer users up to 25 transactions for free every year. However, the service is indeed paid and split across three packages, including Hobbyist for holders, Trader, which is the most popular option, and Pro for the frequent trader.