Cryptocurrency trading is simple and easy when one knows how to select and monitor trades. There is a difference, however, between regular and margin trading. Margin Trading comes with higher profit expectations and increased risks. Not all exchanges offer this feature due to its complexity and need for high liquidity. Kraken, however, with its advanced trading engine allows traders to margin trade on its platform. With up to 5x leverage, you can increase your earning potentials. Find out more in this new review.
About Kraken Margin Trading
Kraken is a cryptocurrency exchange launched on July 28, 2011. Based in California in the USA., Kraken provides margin trading services to its users. Users can deposit their funds in fiat or Bitcoin for trading activities.
Kraken offers a maximum of 5x leverage for margin trades. Therefore, you can borrow funds from the exchange liquidity to short or long a position. Generally, every user is eligible to borrow up to $500,000. It has a pro, user-friendly trading interface with several indicators and charts to manage trades.
Although margin trading boosts the gains from a profitable trade, its risks are undeniably high. Kraken provides eight cryptocurrencies and two fiat currencies for margin trades, namely Bitcoin, Ethereum, Tether, Monero, Ethereum Classic, Augur, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, US Dollars, and Euros. It has 22 trading pairs and these includes REP/EUR, REP/XBT, REP/ETH, XBT/USD, XBT/EUR, BCH/XBT, BCH/USD, BCH/EUR, ETH/USD, ETH/EUR, ETH/XBT, ETC/USD, ETC/EUR, ETC/XBT, ETC/ETH, XMR/USD, XMR/EUR, XMR/XBT, XRP/XBT, XRP/USD, XRP/EUR, and USDT/USD.
Kraken offers low fees for leveraged trades, i.e., depending on the trading pair, it charges up to 0.02% to open a margin position and 0.02% every four hours as rollover fees. There are margin borrow limits to every currency dependent also on the verification level (see here). To sign up for a Kraken account, visit the website.
The features of Kraken are listed below;
- Advanced API & Trading Interface: You can manage your margin positions effectively with its intuitive, user-friendly interface.
- Up to 5x leverage: Eligible traders can enjoy up to $500,000 loan for margin trades.
Kraken is a trusted crypto exchange which allows users to trade different cryptocurrencies. With a leveraged level of up to 5x, traders can increase their profits by borrowing funds from the exchange. It has several fantastic features of an excellent trading platform, and it is thus recommended for margin trading.
- Leverage: Although Kraken doesn't offer the highest leverage in the cryptocurrency market, it provides up to 5x leverage for the trader, which is relatively higher than some exchanges.
- High Liquidity: Kraken has high liquidity since it has a lot of tradable assets. Little wonder, it offers up to $500,000 margin loan for eligible traders on its platform.
- Fees: Kraken allows traders to make trades at low trading fees. Averagely, 0.02% of tradable asset is required to open a margin a position and 0.02% is used every 4 hours as rollover fees.
- It is available for US citizens.
- Limited Crypto Trading Pairs: Kraken provides only about 22 trading pairs for margin trades on the site. This reduces the ability to tap into the market of other top cryptocurrencies, e.g., Litecoin, Dash, Cardano, etc.
- Customer Service: There have been continuous complaints from users about its customer support system.