For users to create an API, they will need to go to the Admin section of their account and click Enable. Users can then create a new key and will be required to authenticate it through SMS or Google Authenticator. Users will be then provided with their secret key for the API.
Binance's API is still under development. It is in beta stage. This is understandable given that the exchange was launched in 2017. However, the API is still widely used. There are over 850 forks on the GitHub page. Binance also has a Telegram group to help with users who face issues with using the API. Users have noted that infrastructures which are developed for multiple exchanges may face issues when applied to Binance due to a difference in parameters.
- One of the most popular exchanges and has thorough documentation on GitHub relating to the API
- Straightforward process for users to create an API
- Telegram group available to support users
- API is still under development and in beta stage
- Users have noted that infrastructure developed for multiple exchanges may face issues when applied to Binance