Paymium was the first European Bitcoin exchange and was founded in 2011. The exchange allows users to buy, sell, and store Bitcoins. As well as exchange service, Paymium also offers merchant services enabling businesses to accept Bitcoin as a form of payment. The merchant service automatically converts payments received to Bitcoin. The merchant service has integration with e-commerce and shopping plugins to make it easier for the online business owner.
Paymium have a six month free trial for the merchant service where business owners can use it with no fees. A fee of 0.59% is the trading fee for transferring from Bitcoin to Euro which is a lower fee than most competitors. Users who want to keep the Bitcoin they received as payment are also supported by Paymium. Paymium can keep funds in cold storage or facilitate transfer to a third-party storage solution. The account setup is straightforward but verification may take 1-2 weeks. The Paymium app is available on both Android and iOS. Overall, Paymium is a strong service with a long history but with merchant solutions not being their primary activity, merchants may be better off considering other services.
- Founded in 2011 giving it a long history in the cryptocurrency industry
- Integration with e-commerce and online shopping plugins
- Lower fee than most competitors
- Six months free trial with no fees
- Verification may take 1-2 weeks
- Merchant solutions are not the primary activity
- Only Bitcoin supported
- Integrates with e-commerce plugins